What use is dialectics?

Ralph Dumain rdumain at igc.apc.org
Fri Jun 16 10:44:33 MDT 1995

Hans, thanks for your post on dialectics.   I think there's more
to Engels than what's been said.  I also think Engels was highly
attuned to epistemology.  I'm out of town for a month so my time
online is severely limited.  However,  I recently read an article
placing Engels' DIALECTICS OF NATURE within the context of his
time, and the political as well as philosophical function it
fulffilled in opposition to Haeckel and other contemporaries.  I
don't have the bok with me, but the article was in one of the
first three volumes of ISSUES IN MARXIST PHILOSOPHY
(Humanities/Harvester  Press).