Ralph D, particle physics, and BS

Rahul Mahajan rahul at hagar.fusion.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 19 18:58:57 MDT 1995

You're absolutely right, Marko, I never thought it would be worth my while
to read Feyerabend himself, after reading a book in which his views were
addressed and critiques harshly. It was about Popper, Kuhn, Lakatos, and
Feyerabend -- I can't remember the name. I foolishly persist in believing
that anyone who makes statements like "Scientific truths should be put to
the vote of the scientific community" or that shamanism and science are
similar systems (I don't know any exact quote here) should not be taken
seriously. Since you've read him and I lack the time or inclination to
(unless I have some reason to believe he's not a charlatan), why don't you
give me a precis of his important views and/or contributions, if you've got
the time?

Why don't you know what I mean by "knowledge of physics"?  It's amusing
that you mentioned who he studied with, which is largely irrelevant in
physics.

Rahul