about science and dialectic

Jim Jaszewski ab975 at main.freenet.hamilton.on.ca
Wed Jun 21 23:30:09 MDT 1995

On Mon, 19 Jun 1995, aniello margiotta wrote:

> Just some simple observations about this theme:
> I thing western science passed in 18th century from Church's dominion to
> economical
> and military dominion and the disjuction between philosofical and scientific
> thought
> served to free scientists by ethic problem; previously nothing could be
> investigated out Bible's teaching afterward nothing out economical interess.

	I guess that helps to explain how 'Il Papa' can come across
almost as a marxist, when he chides the capitalists for being too
greedy... |>

> I don't believe the goal of science is knowledge of natural processes but
> the economical use of mathematical formulation
> interpretative of these processes. While nature is a open system
> dialectically regulated by thermodinamic enthropic law and cinethic
> equilibrium law science continues to research , in a close system ,means of
> dominion upon nature.

	Well put. This is pretty much how I look at it too.

	Perhaps some here will reflect on how "...Nature is an open
system, dialectically regulated by thermodynamic/entropic law and kinetic
equilibrium law..."[sic]

	That's OUR job...  |>  ----

   Jim Jaszewski   <jazz at freenet.hamilton.on.ca>

   WWW homepage:   <http://www.freenet.hamilton.on.ca/~ab975/Profile.html>