FBI Gassing at Waco -Reply

Rahul Mahajan rahul at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 21 21:01:21 MDT 1995

For what it's worth, I've read very similar stuff from an independent
source. It says that the reason there were no fire trucks on hand to douse
the blaze is that this CS or whatever releases hydrogen cyanide when
exposed to water. The source also mentioned that the coroner's report shows
that several of the children died from blunt weapon head trauma, which
presumably occurred when they had the tanks knock down some of the walls. I
have not come across that little tidbit in ordinary newspapers. I'm unable
to vouch for the accuracy of such statements, however.

As far as the question of the FBI's competence goes, I think they're
competent enough for butchery. If something required intricate plots,
spinning an airtight web of deceit, etc., it might be a different story.

Rahul