Rand is NOT a Fascist! Jeez!

Chris M. Sciabarra sciabrrc at is2.NYU.EDU
Fri Jun 23 22:51:13 MDT 1995

On Sat, 24 Jun 1995, Jim Jaszewski wrote:

> > 7. Austrians (Hayek, Popper, etc.) must be listened to.
>
> 	...And I suppose the fascist philosopher, Ayn Rand has to get her two
> cents-worth in too... It's one thing to take what is valuable in an
> opponent's reasoning -- it's another to swallow his line, hook, sinker and
> all...

	Boy, sometimes I feel like the "keeper of the libertarian flame"
around here!  Now, now... let's not throw around words like "fascist" --
Rand was educated by the Soviets and was an anticommunist for sure, but
she was not a fascist.  Sorry... when you write books about the woman,
you get a little sensitive about these things!   -- Chris