10 top reasons I'm on this list
Louis N Proyect
lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sat Jun 24 07:14:45 MDT 1995
On Fri, 23 Jun 1995, Justin Schwartz wrote:
> pas un marxiste, as someone once said. What I'd like to get from them, and
> sometimes do from Louis, is interesting substantive discussion.
10 top reasons I'm on this list:
10. Get free dollops of Doug Henwood's wit and brilliance.
9. Get good advice on books (hints on Irish history).
8. Got invited to review a book for a high-toned academic journal.
7. Had opportunity to engage in one of the most interesting debates in
my life with Jim Lawler on the NEP.
6. Discovered Cockshott and Cottrill's "Toward a New Socialism",
probably the most important book written in the last 20 years.
5. Had a chance to exchange ideas with Tim Wolforth, an ex-SWP'er who
wrote a fabulous memoir on his experience in both the Barnes and Healy zoos.
4. Discovered that there was a "problem" with the LTV. Led me to further
reading and to assuage my doubts that there's any problem at all.
3. Gave me a chance to tweak the nose of a living flesh-and-blood
(albeit cyberspace) CP'er (hello Scott).
2. Gave me a chance to tweak the nose of Justin Schwartz.
1. Gave me the opportunity to re-discover Marxism--what a joy!
--- from list marxism at lists.village.virginia.edu ---
More information about the Marxism