Marquit the "survivor" (fwd)

Scott Solomon ss341 at columbia.edu
Wed Jun 28 18:31:03 MDT 1995

"My man" in Minneapolis also found the idea of Marquit as a survivor
to be highly entertaining:

     I think your reply to Erwin Marquit is much to the point.

     Another thing that strikes me about Marquit is his use of the
     following technique:

          1. Solomon opposes Marquit.
          2. Marquit cites some clearly "reactionary" person P--in this
             case a U of M bureaucrat--who also opposes him.
          3. Since P and Solomon both oppose Marquit, and since P is
             clearly a reactionary, Marquit's implied conclusion is that
             Solomon is a reactionary.

     Marquit smears well.