No subject

EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at EMAIL.STATE.UT.US EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at EMAIL.STATE.UT.US
Thu Jun 29 08:00:55 MDT 1995

with Novell_GroupWise; Wed, 28 Jun 1995 18:12:58 -0600
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 18:13:13 -0600
From: Lisa Rogers <EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at EMAIL.STATE.UT.US>
To: marxism at jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Subject:  Mother-baby unit/ontology -Reply

It's a great example of both the social/interactive definition of
people, our roles, expectations, etc, and the way in which all
aspects of our learning/environment interact with us to shape our
selves and the other in many ways, during development and throughout
life.

But you might have meant "parent" or "caretaker" rather than just
mother.

>>> Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org>  6/28/95, 07:23am >>>
BTW I hope no one thinks discussing the psychology of mother's and
babies is inappropriate on a marxism list?

[and earlier]

... that there is in a sense no such
>thing as an isolated baby: there is a mother-baby relationship. The
>interactions between the two are complex, highly subtle and
inseparable >from the child's development. [....]