Gramsci

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Sat Mar 4 14:05:42 MST 1995

On Sat, 4 Mar 1995 marquit at physics.spa.umn.edu wrote:

> In vol.
> 6, no. 1 (1993) of the journal Nature, Society, and Thought there is an
> interesting article by the Hungarian philosopher Andras Gedo on how
> Croci's philosophical idealism and Lenin's dialectical materialism
> brought about, among other things, the new-Left's flirtation with Gramsci
> and then their abandonment of him when they realized what he was up to.

Could you explain this a little more, please?  This is fascinating, but a
little cryptic (I'll try and have a look at the article sometime soon,
but if you could provide a bit more of a summary that would be really
helpful).

> Gedo is probably one of the world's leading Marxist philosphers today.

And could you tell us a bit more about Gedo?  I've never heard of him
(shame on me?).

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray