Intemperate posts

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Mar 8 11:05:17 MST 1995

On Wed, 8 Mar 1995, Ralph Dumain wrote:

> Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 08:43:36 -0800
> From: Ralph Dumain <rdumain at igc.apc.org>
> To: marxism at jefferson.village.virginia.edu
> Subject: LACLAU & MOUFFE UP YOUR ASS
>
> I can't stand Philip Goldstein's childish drivel any longer:

[and so on]

It is fine that the opinions of Philip Goldstein and/or the views of
Laclau and Mouffe (and for that matter anyone else's position) be up for
disagreement on this list.

But not, I think, in the intemperate manner of Ralph Dumain's message
whose header I exerpt above.

We have managed to discuss precisely these topics (L&M, Marxism and
totalitarianism, Marxism and the legacy of the USSR etc.) in a productive
way before, and I hope we will be able to do so in a productive and
constructive manner in the future.

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray