CBurford CLR James and THE OGRE

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Sat Mar 18 12:46:25 MST 1995

Hi Ralph,

I don't know what others will make of your recent posts, but I must admit
I really enjoyed your last one to me. After a moments panic when I saw my
name in capitals that I was going to be torn limb from limb by the
Ogre, I found I was laughing for the next ten minutes. I don't think
it was just hysterical relief.

It was nice to get your appreciation of my comments about CLR James. Also
to hear about the way the woman at the fast food stall deals with you.
I am glad my hunch was right that you really are a lovable fellow.

I don't quite agree with you however about violent political ideas
being OK so long as you don't put them in a political platform. I know
I am speculating but I don't imagine Stalin published a platform that he
was going to deport the Crimean Tartars, and do one or two other things...

Or do you think Stalin was a human being too, and not an ogre??

Regards,

Chris.

PS sorry about the sanctimonious bit, perhaps I should warn you that
tomorrow is Sunday, and by the evening I might be in an *especially*
good mood.