Determination

br00031 at bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu br00031 at bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu
Mon Mar 20 15:35:05 MST 1995

I think using the terms black and white for both the racial/genitic
catagories and their various constructs is confusing, and often
unproductive.  I have seen many heated arguments where the participants
were simply referring to different things with the same word.  Also
the overuse of these terms encourages  an invalid perception of
uniformity in these catagorys.  It may not be wise to return to
nineteenth century racial classifications, but some distinction would
be useful.
Regards,
Thomas