In Defense of Uncle Joe. To the Stalin Haters

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 24 15:02:14 MST 1995

On Fri, 24 Mar 1995, Norman Feltes wrote:

>   Awhile ago, someone referred to Trotsky's "Combined and Uneven
> Development." Could anyone please give a more precise reference? Thanks.
>      Norm Feltes

Louis Proyect:

It was I who referred to this, but I could have misled you by implying
that it's the title of a book rather than just the concept that it is.
Trotsky applies this concept in lots of his writings, most especially
History of the Russian Revolution and Permanent Revolution. You should
find lots of explication of the concept in these works.