Mayans

Chris Connery chris_connery at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 29 11:22:23 MST 1995

        Reply to:   RE>Mayans

I'm not an archaelogist but I do know the Chinese sources.   And I read the
Wildcat article too.  The China angle is completely bogus, being based on
vague comments in unreliable classical Chinese sources that were translated
into specious hypotheses by crackpot nationalist academics in Taiwan and
China.   The article's need for an "overseas influence" on the Maya seemed
symptomatic of a certain delusional tendency in cypto-automatism.

Chris Connery