Religion - personal/collective

om at gambro.se om at gambro.se
Mon Nov 6 14:00:38 MST 1995

 I hear there are list-members in need of guessing what we are,
where we came from, why we're here and where we're headed. That's
great! Just don't let anybody else do it for you. You see, since
we all know that we can neither prove nor disprove the existence
of God (or whatever you call your answer), your guess is as good
as the next person's - Pope or madperson or both. There's simply
no point in asking anybody else. Yes, reading counts as asking
too, even if it *is* a holy book and ever so old.
 Oh, and *why* anybody would want to go on from guessing to
inventing applications of their guesses to their earthly lives
completely escapes me.

Keep your faith ... to yourself :-)
Otto Medin

PS ...and don't go starting up Churches on me.

PPS If anybody is interested, which I doubt, I'll be glad (well,
indifferent at least) to explain why I *guess* that there is no
God; something which, besides being essentially pointless, would
put us at risk of reviving the old chaos/predictability thread.
Now don't say I didn't warn you.