Quick replies

Philip Hancock philiph at ucscarb.ac.uk
Thu Nov 16 11:06:00 MST 1995

Perhaps its about time Herbert Marcuse did come back into fashion. It would
perhaps lead people to realise that this pomo discovery of consumer hedonism
and hyper-reality is nothing earth shatteringly new. It seems to em that
Baudrillard for example, is nothing more than Marcuse without the (albeit
sometimes sketchy) politics of resistance. The Marcuse revival starts here.

Phil Hancock

Philiph at ucscarb.ac.uk