Anti-Nuke Protest-Forwarded Mail

Michael Jovic Mike_Jovic at msn.com
Thu Nov 23 13:57:32 MST 1995

Urgent news from YCND - please forward and share this information as
widely as you can! Sorry this may be the first you have heard from us by
email in some time - as you can imagine the onslaught of the French
nuclear tests has meant a lot of activity for us!

	URGENT ACTION!!!    URGENT ACTION!!!    URGENT ACTION!!!

	9.30pm GMT 21.11.95... Mururoa...
	CHIRAC EXPLODES NUCLEAR TERROR BOMB

"Chirac was taken aback by the strength of the response to his breaking
the testing moratorium. French testing left him unpopular at home and
France isolated diplomatically.

"French Government strategy has been to hope that the issue will simply
fade from the front pages."

BBC World Service News 21.11.95

The French boycott is the strongest this country has ever seen - and growing.

Now is when Chirac calculates that the protests will fade away...
Now is when we kick-off the second phase of campaigning...
Major is already on the defensive...
Together we can stop the new nuclear nightmare!!

NEXT TUESDAY - 28.11.95 - IN LONDON:

"Committee of 100 Marcel Marceaux" will lead a
* TORCHLIT DEATH-MARCH *
FROM THE FRENCH EMBASSY...
...TO CONSERVATIVE PARTY CENTRAL OFFICE (Smith Square)

Meet at French Embassy 5-7pm; Move off approx 7pm
58 Knightsbridge, SW1; Nearest tube: Knightsbridge (Piccadilly line)

FOR MORE DETAILS/INFO/PROTEST PHONE NO'S ETC
CALL YOUTH CND ON 0171 607 3616

Protest-Parties are still taking place outside the French Embassy in
London- 5-7:30pm every Tuesday.

ALSO NEXT TUESDAY - OUTSIDE LONDON!

CALL THEM UP & CALL THEM TO ORDER!
Phone Conservative Party Central Office on 0171 222 9000...
...and John Major on 0171 270 3000.
Fax them on 0171 222 1135 and 0171 270 2269

...and don't let Jacques Chirac feel left out -
Fax him on 00 33 147 422 465.

The French Embassy are on 0171 201 1000.
If your phone bill is holding out, call them and ask nicely for their
latest fax number!

HELP US MAKE TUESDAY ONE THEY'LL NOTICE!

Finally - please tell Youth and Student CND about anti-French test actions
that are happening - we want to network actions and news much more widely
than we are at the moment!!!

From: Mike_Jovic at msn.com