ON PHILOSOPHY, MARX, ENGELS, LENIN, C.L.R. JAMES

ROSSERJB at VAX1.ACS.JMU.EDU ROSSERJB at VAX1.ACS.JMU.EDU
Sat Nov 25 23:55:02 MST 1995

To Shawgi Tell:
     Who "established" this?  A bunch of party hacks
bootlicking for Lenin and Stalin.  Marx wrote on
dialectics and a dialectical approach to history
he called "historical materialism."  There is much
to defend here.  He did NOT get into defending Hegel's
silly notions about dialectical models of physics that
Engels did fall for (duh, positive-negative electricity
is "dialectical," hot stuff, and, wow, phase transitions
between water and ice prove dialectics, duh).
     It was
Engels misinterpretations AFTER MARX'S DEATH which triggered
my initial contribution to this thread.  They laid the
foundation for Lysenkoism (proven to be "dialectical materialist"
by that most supreme of Leninist authorities, J.V. Stalin) and a
lot other really ridiculous garbage such as the harassing of
Shostakovich, etc.
    Don't tell me how "authorities have shown."  Show me and
us where Marx used a "dialectical materialist" method in his
analysis of physical reality like Engels did.  Clearly you
accept that neither he nor Engels used the term itself.
Barkley Rosser