M&E, Lenin, Trotsky, and Lysenko

ROSSERJB at VAX1.ACS.JMU.EDU ROSSERJB at VAX1.ACS.JMU.EDU
Tue Nov 28 16:26:43 MST 1995

     I sent this out before, but it never appeared.
I apologize if it is a duplicate.
1)  You have characterized my position well.  I sharply
distinguish Marx and Engels from Lenin and Stalin.  I do
believe that the latter revised and ruined the valuable
parts of the former.
2)  Trotsky was a Menshevik before he threw in with Lenin.
3)  I think you are wrong about Lysenko, especially with your
homosexuality example.  Lysenko thought that learned behavior
was more readily inheritable than do most geneticists.  Thus
he would have said homosexuality was more learned than inherited.
Barkley Rosser