Burns' bit on Keen

Steve.Keen at unsw.edu.au Steve.Keen at unsw.edu.au
Fri Nov 3 23:05:14 MST 1995

I had better add here, as the one who set the seed for this
current list war, that I entirely agree with Peter's position.
The question of what generates value is quite separable from
the issue of who is entitled to receive it. Generally speaking,
I've always seen my position as being that capitalist are
able to exploit machinery they didn't produce, as well as
being able to expropriate the proceeds of labor they didn't
perform. For some silly reason, I've always thought that
this was a *more* critical perspective on capitalists and
capitalism than one which argued they could only make a
buck out of workers.

Cheers,
Steve Keen