CALL FOR PAPERS AND PROPOSALS

David McInerney davidmci at coombs.anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 11 21:21:32 MST 1995

>Rethinking MARXISM announces an International Conference ....
>
>POLITICS  AND LANGUAGES OF CONTEMPORARY MARXISM
>
>December 5--8 (Thursday--Sunday), 1996
>University of Massachusetts at Amherst
>
>Call for Papers and Session Proposals

We encourage
>those working in areas which intersect with Marxism such as feminism,
>cultural and literary studies, queer theory, postcolonial studies, and
>around the issues of race and ethnicity, to submit proposals.

Hey Richard,

I'd love to go, if you have been following my interventions on the Marxism
List you'll know that I am working on the theory of nationalism from an
Althusserian perspective (and, you will have picked up that my
interpretation/appropriation  of Althusser is somewhat different from your
own, however).  Unfortunately I am but a poor student, who lives on the
other side of the world!

David.

Mr. David McInerney,
Political Science Program, Research School of Social Sciences,
The Australian National University, Canberra, A.C.T., AUSTRALIA  0200.
e-mail: davidmci at coombs.anu.edu.au; ph: (06) 249 2134; fax: (06) 249 3051