Marxist Students

dnedre ae420 at freenet.unbc.edu
Thu Nov 16 03:24:00 MST 1995

>Welcome to the Marxism List Frank!  Shit, I knew nothing about Marx in high
>school until year 12 when the Bolshevik Revolution was discussed in History
>class, although (perhaps because?) I went to a state school and am from a
>working-class family.  I think what you say is correct.  Marxism has a
>certain resonance with the people (non-Rightist ideologues that is) on the
>receiving end of capitalism's bullshit.  In order to immunise the worker's
>against the Marxist 'disease' schools and the media turn certain words into
>taboos.  I guess the next step is to convince people that agree with you
>when you leave out these taboo concepts that these taboos are constructed
>to keep them down.  I've always hated moralism and have always been keen to
>break taboos, I guess this is why, when I first became acquainted with
>Marxism at Flinders University (in late 1991 - our lectures coincided with
>the downfall of the USSR, but this only encouraged me to be more interested
>in Marxism - 'WHY are all these pricks I can't stand the sight of (i.e. the
>Adelaide eastern suburbs petty-bourgeois) so excited about this event?'
>'WHY is this event a *theoretical refutation* of Marx?', etc).  Perhaps if
>you ask your class-mates 'WHY is our teacher so concerned to silence me?'
>they will eventually come to support you.

        It is intrustting to consider that young students my age, and
younger would already associate _class_, and other Taboo words with
'craziness'. How is it such young students are thought to turn a believe,
and political system away, trusting there grandparents conservatism?
        I have also watered down my Marxism Paper to just the facts! No
idealogy except what he stated. There might be a bit in the conclusion but,
I made a deal with my socials teacher that i would hand in two assignments.
I also have chosen my own topics for socials to study this year, and WILL
get credit for them!!!!!
        My new assingmentts has, Teachings and life of Karl Marx, Mao,
Castro, The Cuban revolution, the Nicaraguan revolution, nationalism, the
effects of the "Cultural revolution". Sound like a regular brainwashing huh!

Glad to have you on the list.  Looking forward to seeing your paper on Marx.

        Will forward them watered down one, and I am also putting it on my
www page FIGHT? in about a week. Come visite some time!

        http://www.netshop.net/~dnedre/index.html

        Regards or
        Regrets
        Frank

David.

|                    stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal                   |
|             if you agree copy these 3 sentences in your own sig            |
|         more info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm          |
|	              Come See the FIGHT? Home Page at                       |
|		 http://www.netshop.net/~dnedre/index.html		     |
|			   Or E-Mail Frank Sayre at			     |
|			     dnedre at netshop.net				     |