Fascism (Rose and Proyect)

ROSSERJB at vax1.acs.jmu.edu ROSSERJB at vax1.acs.jmu.edu
Thu Nov 16 09:13:39 MST 1995

     I disagree with the argument that Iran is fascist.
I go along with the argument that a crucial element
of fascism is racism, or at least an intense nationalistic
chauvinism.  The Iranian regime is repressive and reactionary
and anti-worker.  But it is not racist and, certainly compared
to the crypto-Great Persian suprematism of the Shah's regime,
it is internationalist in its ideology, which is that of Shi'i
Islam.
     BTW, to Louis, despite all the "fingers" I've been giving
you, I think the fascism cyberseminar has been very interesting
and well done.  Keep up the good work!
Barkley Rosser