My purposes in joining this list

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon Nov 20 19:36:52 MST 1995

Peter,

I haven't time at the moment to take up the points raised in this post.
I just wish to repeat that there is no one on this list who is more
anti-catholic church than me.  But unlike some who have leapt at your
throat I have more than earned the right to criticise the church and have
the scars to prove it.

All that apart I am ashamed at some of the flames that have been
directed in your direction.  You should of course stay on the list and we
should continue to debate with you within the bouds of decency.  And by
the way comrades could do well to  remember what Deutscher had to say about
the
introduction into Marxist politics of violent personal abuse (by Stalin of
course).

Regards

Gary