100 Years of (Mis)Understanding

ROSSERJB at vax1.acs.jmu.edu ROSSERJB at vax1.acs.jmu.edu
Mon Nov 27 10:00:05 MST 1995

To Jim J. (again)
     At least one place that I am coming from is having
actually seen a Soviet voting site in "the good old days."
They were as I have described.  Vote "yes," under a statue
of Lenin and get your goodies, vote "no" over on the other
side of the room.  This was utterly farcical.
     I have not seen a Cuban voting site.  Is it different?
Does one vote "yes" under a statue of Fidel?  I don't know.
     Frankly I think that this is sad in that I am sympathetic
to the Cuban regime and think that Fidel could easily win a
real election.  Why stay mired in this dinosaur Leninism?  It
will doom his regime to death after his departure.
Barkley Rosser