fascism and MMM; purity and ambivalence

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Oct 20 06:07:34 MDT 1995

On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, Jon Beasley-Murray wrote:

> I very much support a list on fascism, and would be happy to arrange this
> (ie. do the technical stuff).  My suggestion would be that this should be
> a short-term seminar list, and that Louis should moderate it--by which I
> mean stir it up as much as anything else, given that the last seminar
> list we had (on Marxism and Spinoza) effectively fizzled for lack of support.
>
> Does all this seem a good idea to y'all?

Louis: Actually, Jon, I didn't have a separate list in mind. What I would
propose is weekly reports to the list on a selected work such as Daniel
Guerin's "Fascism and Big Business" and then comments from members of the
list. Some people might have a lot to say about this topic but not much
to say about McCarthyism for example. At any rate, I think everybody on
the list could benefit from such a discussion.