Marx and Free Fpeech (fwd)

Spoon Collective spoons at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Fri Oct 20 09:51:06 MDT 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 15:34:54 +0100
From: J.Steel <J.Steel at sheffield.ac.uk>
To: marxism at lists.village.virginia.edu
Subject: Marx and Free Fpeech

I am a new subs**iber to this list and I am writing to ask if anyone
out there can h*lp me.
I am conducting research into justifications of free speech in the
nineteenth century, and am particularly interested in Marx's writings
on a free press. For example: his work on the Prussian censorship
instructions of 1842/3 and beyond, ie, comments on the communards etc.
Can anyone please point me in the direction of any secondary
literature that directly or indirectly covers Marx's advocation of
a free press. I know that there is a lot of literature on Marx's
'ethics,' and Marx's and 'justice' etc., but as yet I have found
virtually nothing which focusses on Marx and free speech.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John.

J.Steel at Sheffield.ac.uk