Quebec nationalism

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.scri.fsu.edu
Mon Oct 23 19:32:06 MDT 1995

> > Heavens no. Marx celebrated the civilizing powers of capitalism. This is a
>
> not so fast. I'm going to look up Marx's stuff on India, but there
> was always a strong element of support for the oppressed underlying the

Marx's articles on India - written for the New York Daily Tribune in
the 1850s - show, on one hand, how British colonialism oppressed the
Indian people...on the other hand, he maintained that such colonialism
initiated capitalist development in India...good dialectical analysis...
Marx did side with Indian national liberation which raises the old
relations/forces - or should that be forces/relations - of production
question...Michael