The personal and the political

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 25 06:25:12 MDT 1995

Louis: This is very interesting. Neil Harding in his "Lenin's Political
Thought" says that one of the reasons for the Bolshevik-Menshevik split
was that when people voted for Lenin and Plekhanov's resolution at the
"What is to be Done" congress, they were in effect voting for a change of
personnel at "Iskra". The Iskra writers who were to be replaced threw
their lot in with the Mensheviks even though they had more in common with
Lenin and Plekhanov politically! Sigh! Human Nature, what can we do?