sabbaticals

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Sun Oct 29 09:41:43 MST 1995

I don't see why people can't take sabbaticals if they want to...  Very
early on, Rakesh took a rest after having posted a lot, and Chris Burford
has now been away for a little while.  If Louis wants to take a break,
that seems fine, though I personally will be waiting with interest for
his return.

On the other hand, it might be as good if not a better idea for some
people (Louis included) just to slow down a little.  Perhaps work by some
kind of rule like "just one post a day keeps the flames away."
Whatever.  Especially now that Louis has been organizing the cyberseminar
(to which I'll definitely be contributing--I have a paper on fascism
which deals with Deleuze and Guattari, Reich, and Laclau which I hope to
put up on the archive when I can find my disk again), perhaps he
shouldn't drop out completely.

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray