Anti-car action in UK

Scott Marshall Scott at rednet.org
Mon Oct 30 09:41:00 MST 1995

>Are
>there any anti-car campaigns in the rest of the world?
>I've heard the traffic is pretty bad in Tokyo and
>Mexico City. How about a world 'anti-car' day?

Chicago has been the scene of several bike-ins. Essentially anti-car what
they do is gather several hundred folks on bicycles and take over main
streets in the downtown area and travel them at bike speeds thus completely
stopping car traffic. BTW these are most often organized in part on the
internet with the time and place to meet being announced just hours before
the event. They have been quite effective but recieve little press
unfortunately.

Scott