Louis is back (ugh!)

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Oct 30 11:00:37 MST 1995

Louis:

OK, look, let's go ahead with the cyberseminar after all. Here are the
ground rules:

1) I will post an initial report on 18th Brumaire, to be followed by a
report on Woodward's "Tom Watson". Please pay careful attention to my
methodology. When I was on the Trotsky's defense guard at Coyocan, he
showed me how to analyze fascism in the proper manner, as we strolled
about collecting cacti.

2) Anybody can jump in at any time with any off-the-cuff remarks or
prepared remarks on books dealing with fascism at any time. Let's get a
big clash of Marxist and post-Marxist approaches to the subject and see
if we can accomplish some sort of synthesis.

3) I have some volunteers for reports (Matt D., Bryan, Francisco, Jon,
Bill K., etc.) and I will be in touch.

4) I have decided to go on just a semi-sabbatical and involve myself only
with the cyberseminar. No more shtick until January and then back to some more
MIM3-silliness.

I am now out on the terrace of my beach-house with a snifter of Courvoisier
in one hand and am stroking the head of my faithful Irish Setter Nellie with
the other. I will maintain contact with the list through my Pentium laptop.
Expect a report on the 18th Brumaire on Sunday at the latest.