value

James Miller jamiller at igc.apc.org
Tue Oct 31 23:09:42 MST 1995

A BRIEF POST FROM JIM MILLER

TO JUAN INIGO:
   I regret having criticized your posts as having "strayed
from the topic." Your arguments against Keen are well based
in Marx, and are effective. I'm sorry. I was in a bad mood.

TO JOHN ERNST:
   I apologize for accusing you of "bickering" with Steve,
and for blowing out of proportion your remark on "religion."
This is not right at all. Your debate against Steve is quite
serious even if you don't share my appreciation of Marx.

TO STEVE KEEN:
   I appreciate your scholarship, but I agree with Juan Inigo
that you stand on the wrong side of the class line. The pro-
capitalist character of your orientation comes through in your
last post wherein you try to explain what is useful about
Marx, once you have ripped out his heart.
   You say, "...in my opinion, Marx provides an axiomatic
foundation for Post Keynesian economics that could make it
much richer than it already is."
   It is true that the intellectual representatives of the
capitalist class, whether post-Keynesian or Keensian, will
find "axioms" in Marx's work which they will attempt to use
to defend the perpetual right of Mr. Moneybags to squeeze the
workers. That's what they're paid to do. The more scholarly
they are, the more effective their work.

Jim Miller
Seattle