Getting away with murder

Adam Bandt bandt at cleo.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Oct 3 19:34:04 MDT 1995

> <snip> Had he been an autoworker he would have been on death row
> watching Gingrich and company push for laws to guarantee executions within
> 17 days of sentencing.

Perhaps the most apt comparison is with Mumia. Compare the media hype
with the media dearth (or when, he's mentioned, vilification), and the
indifference of the elected
representatives with Clinton and others weighing in on the side of the FOP.

Can we stop, however, with the silly 'justice is a commodity' line? While
I can understand what people are driving at, it really is a rather absurd
statement. If anyone disagrees, I'll back this point up.

Adam

Adam Bandt
Email: bandt at cleo.murdoch.edu.au
WWW: http://cleo.murdoch.edu.au/~bandt