Getting away with murder

Chris M. Sciabarra sciabrrc at is2.nyu.edu
Wed Oct 4 07:11:44 MDT 1995

I might as well put in my two cents too...

I think the defense did a good job at raising some significant doubts in
the minds of people with regard to the prosecution case.  I don't know
how I would've voted -- ultimately -- given the importance of "beyond a
reasonable doubt."

But paaaaaaahlease.  In my heart of hearts, OJ killed these people.  The
DNA is all over the place, and in places where it shouldn't be.  If
somebody else did it, where are the hair fibers and DNA blood evidence
implicating that somebody else?  He's a wife-beating murderer, in my
book, and he's lucky this wasn't a civil trial, where the preponderence
of the evidence would've convicted him.

Regarding LAPD-- you don't have to convince me that they are a bunch of
racists or that they commit all sorts of misdeeds.  But I just don't see
how a bunch of "bumbling" Keystone Kops, who have been blamed for more
sloppiness and unprofessionalism, could have possibly mounted such a
widespread, integrated, well-thought out conspiracy among
God-knows-how-many players in such a short period of time.

OJ is now going to devote his time to finding the real killers.  Maybe if
he just goes to a good shrink, he'll finally be able to look himself in
the mirror -- if not for the killings, then at the very least, for the
years of violence he perpetuated against women.

- Chris
Dr. Chris M. Sciabarra, Visiting Scholar, NYU Department of Politics
INTERNET:  sciabrrc at is2.nyu.edu