help: simple reproduction from Bullwinkle

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Tue Oct 10 21:19:50 MDT 1995

JOSEPHH at bullwinkle (is Rocky in Australia too?) wrote:

> The schemas of simple and expanded reproduction and indeed all the
> analysis developed in Volume 2 are the most interesting part of
> Marx's economic writings, Volume 1 being too much under Ricardo's
> spell.

I share your regard for Volume 2 of _Capital_ and believe it is easily
the most neglected and misunderstood of the 3 volumes.

However:
a) what about volume 3?
b) if you think that Volume 1 was too much "under Ricardo's spell", I
think you need to re-read that volume and what Marx wrote about Ricardo
in _TSV_.
c) why is there no mention of the level of analysis in Vol. 2 (Capitalist
Circulation) and its relationship to Vol. 1 (Capitalist Production) and
Volume 3 (Capitalist Production as a Whole)?

Jerry

PS: ... and let's not forget the _Grundrisse_ either.