LA riot

Alex Trotter uburoi at panix.com
Sun Oct 15 23:01:24 MDT 1995

My response to the responses to my post on the LA riot:

To Louis: I've already been on an anarchism list. My friends and I caused
quite a ruckus there. We were too anarchic for the anarchists. Apparently
I'm too anarchic for the marxists as well. I'm touched by your choleric,
hysterical fit. You've got me in stitches. Take it easy. I don't want to
be blamed for your heart attack. But I will *not* apologize for the
remark about the SWP bookstore.

To Ralph: The reason for attacking Beverly Hills is not because it's
white, but because it's rich. I would be in favor of the rioters burning
down O.J. Simpson's house too, if that makes you feel better (c'mon,
admit it--it does). My comments were not meant to glorify blood 'n' guts;
what makes you think they were? If the rioters had had the political
consciousness to attack Beverly Hills, they would also presumably have
had the political consciousness to avoid random thuggery and blind
vengeance against people like Reginald Denny. But by p.c. I don't mean
rebellion conducted through the directives of a leninoid general staff.
(You would agree with that, I'm sure.) Under better circumstances than
those in 1992, small groups of insurgents acting spontaneously could be
quite creative and effective. Hell, they might even build workers'
councils. But even in the best scenario, there would be violence and
chaos. Nice gentlemen like you and me might indeed get hurt if we got in
the way when the real prisoners of starvation arise.

Now, as for those million men: maybe if they spent more time acquainting
themselves with Fourier, Stirner, and Marx rather than listening to Louis
Farrakhan, the world would be a much better place.

For the nouveau monde amoureux,

--AT