LA riot

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Oct 16 06:49:19 MDT 1995

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Alex Trotter wrote:

> To Louis: I've already been on an anarchism list. My friends and I caused
> quite a ruckus there. We were too anarchic for the anarchists. Apparently
> I'm too anarchic for the marxists as well. I'm touched by your choleric,
> hysterical fit. You've got me in stitches. Take it easy. I don't want to
> be blamed for your heart attack. But I will *not* apologize for the
> remark about the SWP bookstore.

Louis: You just strike me as a windbag, that's all. Someone who is too
"Marxist" for the anarchism list and too "anarchistic" for the Marxism
list is somebody who just has no interest in organized politics or
changing society. You see yourself as the critic of the folly of others.
Flaubert once said of critics: they are people who suffer from a lack of
talent. Instead of becoming soldiers, they end up as police spies.