Rand's influence

Chegitz Guevara mluziett at shrike.depaul.edu
Thu Oct 19 11:55:47 MDT 1995

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Doug Henwood wrote:

> At 11:53 PM 10/18/95, Robert Peter Burns wrote:
>
> The Old Testament is full of viciousness - pages and pages of revenge and
> curses. That spirit seems to power a lot of right-wing fundamentalists in
> the US - the spirit of chosenness and moral certainty. It gives me the
> creeps, bigtime.
>
> Doug

There's a book out there of Bible stories told through cartoon format.
Spin is, it's all the nasty bits, like Elijah and the bears killing 42
children, or the man who sent his wife and daughter out to be raped
rather than surrender a guest in his house, etc.

Marc, "the Chegitz," Luzietti
http://shrike.depaul.edu/~mluziett

	"Behold, they are as one people, and they all have one language;
and this is only the begining of what they will do; and nothing that they
propose to do will now be impossible for them." -- GOD, on solidarity