quebec referemdun

Valerie Scatamburlo valeries at yorku.ca
Sat Oct 21 00:22:34 MDT 1995

	It is interesting that people continue to defend Quebec's right to
self- determination in the same breath as they defend "native" Canadians
right for the same - did I miss something here or are people forgetting OKA.
Also, the treatment of ethnic and racial minorities is worse in the province
of Quebec than in all the rest of Canada - let us also not forget Bouchard's
drive for "real" French Canadians to produce more babies - an attemept to
reproduce an "authentic" race of French Canadians - sounds Hitleresque to me
- before we rush to defend Quebec''s right to self - determination, let's
also be reminded of all that which lurks behind the separatist movement (It's
racism should be obvious) - knee jerk reactions and support of Quebec
separatists do little in addressing the more substantive issues involved.