Ralph The Feminist

jones/bhandari djones at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 22 06:51:25 MDT 1995

While Valerie has powerfully criticized  the opportunism of the feminism
expressed by  those opposed to the MMM (no need to single out Ralph, I am
sure) and Leo expressed his disgust at Ralph's 'locker-room' equation of
principled behavior with possession of testicles,   Ralph is not nearly as
obnoxious in my opinion as someone who refuses to be crippled, no less, by
tunnel vision feminism:

"Too many of my comrades have been so crippled by either a white
blindspot or a tunnel-vision feminsim that they can't relate to a
million Black men rallying as men to criticize themselves for mistreating
women and thus holding back their ability to contribute to the
overall struggle of their community."
                          --Carl Davidson's first post on the MMM

Rakesh

ps. thanks to all for the exchange on Quebec.  My sense is that national
self-determination is a spent force here and everywhere.  For a provocative
comparison of Luxemburg's and Lenin's views on national self-determination,
see Paul Mattick's defense of the former in Anti-Bolshevik Communism.
Armonk, NY: Sharpe Press, 1977.  Mr. Alex Trotter once quoted from  this
specific essay on this line.

Ralph on what it means to really have...