fascism seminar

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Mon Oct 23 15:17:54 MDT 1995

On original fascist texts, I note that OUP have just put out a collection
of such from a number of diverse movements.  I believe it's edited by
someone called Griffin.

Even glancing at it in a bookstore, I saw what I thought were some
problems--especially in so far as it attempted to be comprehensive.  But
it seems to provide an interesting sampling.

Meanwhile, for real attempts to bring in the cultural studies crowd (I
don't think Reich will cut it), I suggest Thewelheit, _Male Fantasies_
and Kaplan, _Reproduction of Banality_ (the title of which clearly refers
to Arendt on Eichman's "banality of evil").

Take care

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray
Literature Program