Marxism and the Militias

Paul Cockshott wpc at clyder.gn.apc.org
Fri Sep 1 23:32:05 MDT 1995

Gary
----

And finally no amount of talk of workers in the militias will ever
convince me that Fascism is anything other than a movement of the petty
bourgeoi
se, the
lympen proletariat and, where applicable, the peasantry.

Paul
----
This is a dogma that is widely held on the left, but is it true.
The analysis of AFA comrades whose vast practical experience of the
matter I respect, is that it is no longer the case. Fascism in
Britain is overwhelmingly a working class movement, whereas the most
prominent opponents of it the Anti Nazi League, is self evidently
a predominantly middle class movement.