world monopoly

glevy at acnet.pratt.edu glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
Mon Sep 4 11:14:52 MDT 1995

Will wrote:

> Nationalised companies seldom compete effectivly on the market with TNCs
> that can garner economies of scale by producing and selling globally.
> This was why TNCs appeared in the first place. [snip]

I disagree with the idea stated above that TNC's "appeared in the first
place" because "nationalized companies seldom compete on the market with
TNCs." While TNCs have advantages over nationalized companies, the growth
of TNCs pre-dates the growth of nationalized companies. Also, the growth
of TNCs could be seen as a logical consequence of the international
concentration and centralization of capital rather than a response to
nationalization.

Jerry