Louis and Paul, please

Jj Plant jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 17:17:00 MDT 1995

I have some recollection that the computerised economic management system
was to be called "the freedom project". I recall there was a debate on
it, which Beer contributed to, in "Science for People", the journal of
the British Society for Social Responsibility in Science. I long ago gave
away my file of that stuff, but if anybody can get access to it and
upload it, it might make a useful reference point.

I think there were arguments about central economic plan vs workers
control at the plant level, and the role to be played by local
communities in the formation of the plan. But as I say it was a long time
ago and I don't have the documents to hand.

jplant at cix.compulink.co.uk