Challenge to Cockshott

Jeffrey Booth booth2 at husc.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 6 09:08:56 MDT 1995

	Well, I was once again going to ignore Cockshott's misinformation
about the left in Scotland.  But that claim below about his little group
being the only working class organization was too much.  Cut the crap,
Paul.  Militant Labour is the largest, most working class marxist
party/organization in Scotland.  They led the anti-poll tax struggle not
your pitiful little sect.  They have a base in the housing estates and
Tommy Sheridan, a well-known Militant Labour spokesperson, has been elected
twice in Glasgow.  You also forgot to mention the anti-fascist organizing
of Youth against Racism in Europe (YRE).  I could mention a lot of other
examples of Militant Labour's activity in Scotland but I actually prefer
it when ultra-left wankers like yourself ignore Militant Labour since you
give the left a bad name among working people.  But I don't want your
misinformation about the left in Scotland to go completely unchallenged.

				-- Jeff Booth