race and gender determination

Kenneth Mostern kmostern at utkvx.utk.edu
Thu Sep 7 19:15:00 MDT 1995

Yes, Rakesh, if you insist on taking my overstatement precisely and
outside the whole of my arguments over many months you will come up with
something that I should not have said.  Not all Black nationalism is
alike.  I agree.  And not all of it is progressive.  I'm quitting this
discussion now because I obviously
don't have time to get ever word I say right before I send it and I've
already outlined a general position which I believe has existed within
marxism, especially in the 1960s and early 1970s, and has been largely
abandoned.  Beyond that it remains for me to
complete the formal research I'm doing, rather than to post snippets of
"what I believe" here and there.  I will look forward to all of your
commentary then.

Kenneth Mostern
Assistant P-funkster of English
University of Tennessee

George Clinton:  Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
Karl Marx, paraphrased:  Free your ass, and your mind will follow.
. . . toward a materialist dialectics of funk . . . peace . . .