Value, price, method, politics (fwd)

Spoon Collective spoons at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Fri Sep 8 17:22:08 MDT 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 06:11:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: glevy at acnet.pratt.edu
To: marxism at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Cc: marxism at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Subject: Re: Value, price, method, politics

Juan demands to be taken seriously, a right that he surely deserves. It
would h*lp if Juan could respond to the following question: what are the
issues that Juan sees as important to this debate?

Is this a debate merely about the evolution of Marx's thought or is it
about something more? If so, what?

I am quite sure that Marx understood his logical method quite differently
than the "philosophers." Unfortunately, I *am* very busy now having just
gone back to teaching. This is not an evasion, but a representation of my
material reality. Consequently, if Juan could clarify his position more
regarding what is important, I would find it easier to respond to him more.

Jerry