Stalin and the Comintern

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Sep 11 09:02:42 MDT 1995

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995 glevy at acnet.pratt.edu wrote:

> Louis: If you read the "21 point" conditions and Lenin's writings
> (especially letters) from the _Collected Works_, you will understand what
> I mean. A summary, as I can recall, is in the work by Helmut Gruber ed.
> _International Communism under Lenin_.
>
> I believe this does relate to our contemporary understanding of Leninist
> party organization since it is part of the intellectual tradition of
> Leninism and historically changed the Bolshevik's relation to other
> organizations inside (and outside) of the Third International.

Louis: Thanks a lot, Jerry, but I'm moving on to a critique of the
Trotskyist party-building methodology. This next article in my series on
"Marxism-Leninism" will again involve trips to the Columbia Libraries
(god bless them) and thousands of pages of reading.

Unless you summarize for me how the 21 points "does relate to our
contemporary understanding of Leninist party organization", I'm going to
have to remain uncharacteristically silent.