Maoism on the Net

David McInerney davidmci at coombs.anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 11 21:08:32 MDT 1995

>From: "Marcus Strom" <MSTROM at nswtf.org.au>
>Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 09:17:50 GMT+10
>Subject: Re:  MIM
>
>Ralph, just ignore them. Just put their postings in the trash. I am
>now doing it every morning as I get to work - it has a most cathartic
>effect --- the dust bin of history and all that.
>
>They are all about splitting the working class along national and
>ethnic lines - they are scum --- and very bad dressers to boot!
>
>Ralph wrote the following (poor frustrated soul):
>
>> Date:          Sun, 10 Sep 1995 20:33:52 -0700
>> From:          Ralph Dumain <rdumain at igc.apc.org>
>> To:            marxism at jefferson.village.virginia.edu
>> Subject:       Re:  MIM
>
>> MIM has plenty of opportunity elsewhere in cyberspace to present
>> their position.  They are conspicuous and well represented
>> elsewhere.  Also, these issues have been done to death in other
>> online groups, and they tend to choke off the discussion of
>> anyting new.  As much as I hate academics, this is still very much
>> a scholarly group.  If this list continues to be overwhelmed by
>> the presence of MIM or any other Maoist scum, I will unsubscribe
>> and take as many people with me as I can.
>>

>>      --- from list marxism at lists.village.virginia.edu ---

Yes!

Say no to Maoism on the net.  I must say that I've gone through the
cathartic phase and now I'm just sick of them.  Can't they make it a little
more colourful if they have to annoy me - how about using those Maoist
classics like 'flunkey', 'running dog', 'lackey', etc.

I must say, however, that I was interested to hear from Maoists who don't
support the Khmer Rouge.  Every Maoist I've met has.  There are still two
of them at a particular South Australian university who wear Mao hats and
praise Brother #1.  Both come from bourgeois backgrounds.  They are not
listened to by very many people and are derided by other tavern-dwellers as
'The Pol Pot Appreciation Society'.  They are really very boring.

MIM is too.  Do you really think I read your dogma?  It's hard enough now
to read all of the interesting material on this list without having to wade
through Maoist slime.

pissed off,

David.

David McInerney,
Political Science Program, Research School of Social Sciences,
The Australian National University, Canberra, A.C.T., AUSTRALIA  0200.